On June 11, the Treasure Valley Wine Society (TVWS) hosted wine dinner where summer wines of Italy were featured. The buffet dinner of Chicken Puttanesca went very well with the wines and the 26 people who were there enjoyed themselves. A poll was taken of the members of the group and they decided to have Meadowlake Village as their “home base”. Other venues may periodically be presented. The Appetizer Hour starting at 6:30pm, seems to be working great! Society members bring different appetizers and “appetizer wine” each month. In this photo, President Gail McClellan Parker let’s the attendees know what wines are available tonight and what the buffet is. Cheers and enjoy these photos! A complete list of the wines served tonight are at the end of this post.
Here are the wines that were served at the dinner. They are listed here as they were presented. All of these wines are available at the Boise COOP. The ratings are mine and are out of a possible .
- 2012 Maculan Pino and Toi. 13.5% alc. Very light bodied.  $11.99
- 2012 Inama Vin Soave Classico. 12% alc. More body than the above wine.  $15.99
- 2011 Lenotti Bardolino Classico. 12% alc. Light color. Black cherry but not to heavy. Goes well with the dessert.  $10.99
- 2012 Tenuta Sant’ Antonio Scaia Corvina. 13% alc. Bitter edge. Big plum and leather. Low tanin. Black cherry. 100% corvina  $12.99
- 2011 Cantine Sant’Agata Baby Barbera D’Asti. 13.5% alc. Huge. Smoky and charcoal. Somewhat fruity. 100% Barbara D’Asti  $12.99
- 2011 Michele Chiario Barbera D’Asti Superiore. 13.5% alc. Chocolate with a hint of vanilla. A hot wine. The traditional grape of Northern Italy.  $13.99
- 2012 Villa Pozzi Nero D’Avola. 13.5% alc. Tar and smoke. Big, dark raspberry. A Sicilian wine.  $9.99
- 2012 Gianni Gagliardo Fallegro. 12% alc. Full bodied and round. Big.  $18.00
- 2012 Quattro Mani Montepulciano D’Abruzzo. 13% alc. Very light. Lacks flavor.  $11.99