The Treasure Valley Wine Society held a wine tasting of Walla Walla, WA wines on Wednesday June 12. It was a special night for all! We bid Howard Reid farewell as he ventures to Colorado to be near his children and Grandchildren. We know, Howard, that you will find some good wines at your new home. Thank-You for your help with the Board of Directors of TVWS and your years of service. You are welcome back at any time you are in the “neighborhood”.
And to Barbara, who celebrated yet another birthday – let’s see …. that must be number 39 – Happy Birthday, Barbara!
Chef Jake did another fantastic buffet with baked Walla Walla sweet onions filled with Walla Walla asparagus; an awesome dish of roasted duck and Jake’s wife, a superb pastry Chef, made the Napoleons for dessert. Well done! Here are some photos of the evening. Enjoy and please VOTE above. Thanks!
The wines that Howard presented were:
- 2012 Amavi Cellars Semillion [$21.00] Golden apples, honeydew melon and honeysuckle.
- 2012 Amavi Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon [$29.00] Full aroma of mixed berry cobbler with hints of roses and dusty cedar. Black cherries, boysenberry and blackberries.
- 2012 Flying Trout Winery Tero Red [$20.00] Currents with whiffs of cedar bark, strawberry patch and wet earth, cherry compote and a hint of milk chocolate.
- 2011 Flying Trout Winery Torrontes [$19.00] Floral with peaches, kiwi, orange spritz, lemon drop and pineapple.
- 2008 Trio Vintners Sangiovese [$20.00] Bright acid and cherry fruit. Located in the south hills of the historic of Whitman Mission.
- 2010 Trio Vintners Mourvedre [$26.00] Deep purple ruby color with intense aromas of blackberry, blueberry and plum with hints of dried roses, bayberry and cracked pepper.